Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, we have made changes to the way we deliver your care. To minimize spread of COVID-19 we are now offering telemedicine appointments. In addition, we are also seeing patients in clinic if they have been given an on-site appointment by their physician.
In the spirit of social distancing, walk-in patients may be asked to wait in their cars until they are ready to be seen by the doctor. As well, all patients are required to wear a mask when presenting to the clinic.
WE ASK THAT YOU DO NOT COME INTO THE CLINIC IF:
- You have respiratory symptoms such as cough, cold, fever, shortness of breath, runny nose, sore throat
- You have travelled outside of Manitoba within 14 days or been in contact with someone who has
- You have had close contact with someone with flu-like symptoms
- You have had contact with a confirmed case of COVID-19, while not wearing recommended protective equipment and/or not practicing social distancing
- You have had laboratory exposure working directly with biological specimens that contain COVID-19
If you meet the above criteria we request that you stay home and book a telephone consultation instead. You may require COVID-19 testing which we DO NOT perform on-site. If you need to be tested for COVID-19, you can call HealthLinks at (204) 788-8200 or 1-888-315-9527. Healthlinks will direct you to one of the designated testing sites in Winnipeg:
Please click the following link for a list of all testing locations in Manitoba: https://sharedhealthmb.ca/files/covid-19-testing-protocols-for-pcps.pdf .
Telephone/Virtual appointments can be booked online at www.familycaremed.ca or you can call the clinic at (204) 231-1724 to make an appointment. If you have an upcoming pre-scheduled appointment, and have not been told to come in to the clinic for that appointment, stay home and your physician will contact you by telephone to provide your care.
For medication refills, make a telemedicine appointment so that your doctor can provide this service. We will accept requests from your pharmacist if you are unable to book a telephone appointment prior to running out of your medications.
The most up-to-date COVID-19 information and resources for the public can be found on the Manitoba Health website and should be reviewed daily. https://www.gov.mb.ca/health/coronavirus/
Thank you for your patience and understanding as we navigate this. These changes will be regularly assessed and are in place until further notice.